Not a huge opera fan but love theatre? If you're looking for something a little different to do this week then we think Carmen may be just the thing to please your cultural taste buds.
Although it is an opera, Robin Norton-Hale brings something a little different to the traditional opera, directing Bizet's popular classic in her own style, so if this is the first one you've been to, we are confident that it will leave you wanting to see more.
Here's six reasons to see Carmen at Soho Theatre...
It’s a great story
- A troubled soldier is seduced and led astray by the provocative and manipulative Carmen, which ends in bitter tragedy.
You will know the music
- It has some of the best known music in Opera. Bizet’s Carmen has also featured in many well-known films like Babe and Meet the Parents, and performed by a fantastic quartet of strings, woodwind and percussion.
- Tickets from £25 - and they are all great seats!
It’s in English
- So you can understand the captivating story without having to read subtitles.
Great company behind it
- OperaUpClose has received many great awards and consistently excellent reviews. Also, Soho Theatre is renowned for outstanding productions of the highest quality.
There’s a bar
- So you can enjoy drinks and snacks before or after the show, an excellent addition to a fabulous evening.
If you need any more convincing, find out why the cast think you should see Carmen:
Captivates and provokes; disturbs and beguiles. This timeless protagonist comes to life in this tantalising production by the Olivier-winning OperaUpClose
Set against the backdrop of a South American town where passion and obsession clash, and freedom and loyalty is tested.
Book tickets for Carmen at Soho Theatre: 10 Aug - 19 Sept
Keep up to date with your favourite artists, priority bookings and exclusive offers from See Tickets: