6. The show has made an epic transfer to the West End after rave reviews and a sold out run at The Menier Chocolate Factory.
Audiences who missed out the first time around are being blessed by the gods of theatre! This is your second chance at catching this critically acclaimed dramatic gem in the flesh. But don't delay - Love In Idleness is at the Apollo until 1 July 2017. There are no third chances.
5. Audiences and critics are agreed (for once!)
4. Trevor Nunn is at his directorial best.
"Nunn has many formidable strengths as a man of the theatre, but lightness of touch never struck me as one before now. The way he has nipped and tucked the two pieces into witty angels' hair consistency – arriving at a whole that constitutes a seriously illuminating gloss on the Shakespeare original – is marvellous." - The Independent
3. Eve Best (Nurse Jackie, The King's Speech, Hedda Gabler - Won Best Actress Olivier Award)
"One of our finest stage actors, she is phenomenal as Olivia. She is very, very funny in her portrayal of a woman plucked from obscurity by a wealthy partner... but she’s also devastating as a mother made vulnerable by her love... It’s a proper masterclass from Best" - Time Out
2. Anthony Head (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Merlin, Dominion, Repo! The Genetic Opera)
"Anthony Head is excellent as the Canadian industrialist – sounding like Conrad Black and presumably meant by Rattigan to evoke Beaverbrook. I was left in bits" - The Independent
1. Edward Bluemel - our favourite 😉 (ITV's The Halcyon, Animal, Longing, Strange Orchestra)
"Young Edward Bluemel (barely out of drama school) is the 'find' of the night, a choice blend of neck-wringable priggishness and adorable puppyishness, hilariously patronising his 'poor old mum'”. - The Telegraph
That's our 6 reasons why we love this brilliant play! What will yours be? Found out without breaking the bank... We have tickets from just £20.00 with our fabulous Show of the Week offer. Book before Tuesday 30th May 2017 to avoid missing out on this hidden gem.
Follow us for all the latest theatre news and special offers:
Plus make sure you sign up to theatre newsletters to hear first hand about new shows and special offers.