Every new year comes fresh starts and resolutions, and what better way to put these into gear and turn over a new leaf than with a playlist of fresh faces. Searching high and low, we've collated the artists and bands who we reckon are gonna be a big deal this year. Check them out!
1. King Princess
At just 20 years old King Princess has already been signed to Mark Ronson's record label Zelig Records and has been making waves across the contemporary pop scene. With lyrics that focus on LBGTQ+ identity and love, King Princess has been named a 'pop icon for the next generation of queer youth'; and we predict even bigger things to come in 2019.
2. The Pale White
- A trio going way back this Newcastle-based band started as they meant to go on, supporting sold-out Maximo Park and Band of Skulls gigs. From then the boys have had non-stop success, with venues getting larger; festival slots becoming the norm - including Glasto and Reading & Leeds; and their debut single 'Reaction' chosen as BBC Radio One's 'Track of the Week'. Since then, they've opened for the likes of The Libertines and released debut EP 'Take Me To The Strange'. What'll be next?
Don't miss their huge, UK tour this Spring at some iconic venues.
3. Jimothy Lacoste
- Springing from viral YouTube fame, Jimothy Lacoste is the latest in DIY stardom and bringing a cheeriness to UK rap. With catchy lo-fi beats, lyrics bursting with optimism, and all-round sense of sophistication; Lacoste is as silly as he is sincere and his quick rise to fame is a reflection of his strong, musical talent. With four, stellar jams to his name at just 19, we can't wait to see where 2019 will take Jimothy.
Join Jimothy as he embarks on a UK tour this Winter, tickets on sale now!
- Signed by a major record label just aged 13, Mahalia has clearly always destined to be a star. Fast-forward six years and Mahalia has wracked up a whopping 16 million views on YouTube, released three EPs, supported the likes of Ed Sheeran and Emeli Sande on tour, and performed at major UK festivals. Smooth and slick, Mahalia's discography reflects her long-standing experience within the industry. We just know 2019 is going to be a massive year!
Don't miss Mahalia perform live with Rudimental at their Teenage Cancer Trust concert.
5. Dermot Kennedy
- Selling out venues, you wouldn't think that Dermot Kennedy hasn't yet released an album. With a completely sold out 2019 UK and Ireland tour coming up, long gone are the days of Dermot busking on the streets of Dublin. Today he has over 300 million streams under his belt; worldwide tours across the US and Australia; and spots at major festivals - including Coachella! With an ever-rising global platform, we can't wait to see what Dermot will bring to 2019.
- Keep up to date with your favourite artists, priority bookings and exclusive offers from See Tickets: