Matilda The Musical is the multi-award winning musical from the Royal Shakespeare Company, inspired by the beloved book by the incomparable Roald Dahl.
Winner of over 85 international awards, including 16 for Best Musical, Matilda continues to delight audiences in London's West End.
1. At 4ft 4in tall, Matilda Wormwood is the smallest leading lady in the West End.
2. 8,320 balloons are used every year and 105 metres of balloon elastic.
3. The Blackboard moves 15.5 miles over the course of a year at a top speed of 1.5mph. It would take just over 2 and half days to travel from the Cambridge Theatre in London to the production’s original home of Stratford-upon-Avon.
4. There are 3,780 paper aeroplanes flown into the auditorium each year.
5. Over 100 tubs of chocolate spread are used in the production each year.
6. Around 28,000 pieces of confetti are used per performance which equates to almost 12 million a year.
7. There are 86 separate sound effects used in each performance.
Now booking until 30 May 2021:
Keep up to date with your favourite artists, priority bookings and exclusive offers from See Tickets:
Comments are closed.